April 22, 2013

Weekend Update...Wonderful Cali Weather!

The weather this weekend in Southern Cali was fantastic! Even though we stayed close to home, the weather made everything perfect. Saturday I decided to do some gardening, so I headed over to the dollar store and bought some terracotta pots then over to the garden center over at Walmart and bought some succulents.  I love succulents because they're really low maintenance plus they're so pretty.




On Sunday after church me and my kids did a terrarium project. I used those cute terrariums that I got from the Target dollar bins for $3 each. We filled them with moss, aquarium pebbles, some potting soil, a mini succulent and some plastic figures.




Cristian added plastic jungle animals, a cowboy and a mini soldier. Sofia added plastic ocean animals to hers. In case you were wondering that big pink thing is an octopus :-)

Because the weather was so beautiful I thought I can finally make sun tea! #FAIL! My tea was weak flavored water! I bombed my first attempt at making sun tea, but I will not give up! I frantically combed through online recipes and trying to figure out what I did wrong, I soon realized I have to use a glass container and not plastic (remember that cute plastic container I got at Target for $1...oh well). But I will try again!

The folks over at Serious Eats gives some easy basic directions on how to make the ultimate sun tea. They also give their review on two different teas they used in their test kitchen - Lipton vs. a fancy tea. Check them out to see which tea they preferred.


072611-162407-sun-tea-primary.jpg
Photo Courtesy of Serious Eats
Hope you all had a great weekend like I did! xoxox 


No comments:

Post a Comment