April 17, 2013

Map Wall and Long Live The Dukes of Melrose...

Map Wall...

I've been wanting to re-decorate my kitchen and dining room for a awhile now. I'm not exactly sure what I want to do or even know what colors I want to use for paint but it definitely needs a big makeover. Of course all this will be done on a very tight and small budget. My dining room, kitchen and family room are kind of one big room, so everything kind of flows together. The cabinets in my kitchen are a brown wood and they are ugly and super boring.Those definitely need to be painted and freshened up big time. I also have a hutch in my dining room that used to belong to my grandmother. It kind of has that 1990s country decor vibe and that needs painting as well. But my husband and I can't seem to agree on anything when it comes to choosing paint colors.

One thing we do agree on is to create a "map" wall in our dining room. Not only will it be functional (you know for the kids) but  fun and unique. Below are some of my inspirations...

Pinned Image


 Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Photos courtesy of Pinterest

 

The Dukes of Melrose

Whenever I can catch The Dukes of Melrose on TV I'm stuck like glue! In case you're not familiar with The Dukes of Melrose it's a new show on Bravo featuring "the dukes" - Cameron Silver and Christos Garkinos. Both are the owners of Decades, a luxury consignment boutique in Los Angeles on Melrose. 

Watching them is hysterical! Cameron makes me laugh with his diva attitude and Christos is like a mother hen (in a good way) in trying to keep Cameron in check so that his diva'ness doesn't get to much out of hand. But the best part is the clothes! The vintage pieces are to die for. I have no shame in admitting that even though the clothes have been "preloved" they are still way too pricey for my budget but at least I can love them by watching TV. Plus I learn so much about different designers and fashion...I just love that show. One of my favs! Check them out on Bravo on Wednesday nights 10:30/9:30c.



Speaking of consignment...my favorite consignment store is Crossroads Trading Co. I always go there to just "browse" and end up coming out of the store with at least 2-3 purchases. Here is one of my "proudest" purchases from Crossroads...a pair of Michael Kors tan and black kitten heels for $25.00!



Hope you all have a great night! xoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment