February 25, 2012

Viola Davis...

Now I have not read the book The Help but I've seen the movie twice and I L-O-V-E-D it!! Now I really need to read the book. I'm kind of weird...I always watch the movie first then read the books...I know I'm one of those weird ones.



I am now totally intrigued with Viola Davis. I love being inspired by individuals who have struggled and worked so hard getting to where they are now in life. I saw an interview that Viola Davis had with Oprah Winfrey last week in Oprah's Oscar Special. Everything Viola said in that interview spoke to me. In one point in her interview she talked about how she suffered from low self esteem for years and how anybody can just come in and say something to her and knock her off whatever little pedestal she was on. I think we've all suffered from some sort of low self esteem and/or insecurities and I feel that I have suffered from this for years. One of the things she says in that interview is, "We are on this earth for a dash of time and I don't have time staying up at night worrying about someone who doens't love me says about me". I know your thinking Duh Eileen! And of course I've been taught this by my mother growing up and have heard it many years from my husband, but it was the way she said it, so simple and yet so totally true. As I'm approaching 40 years old I've been doing alot of reflection and learning so much about myself, but that will have to be another blog...this is about Viola Davis! I'm rooting for her to win the Best Actress Award at the Oscars on Sunday February 26!! She was awesome! Below is a video of Viola talking about her low self esteem and what she went through to overcome it - Love it!!


(Video courtesy of Oprah.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment