April 12, 2013

Thank God It's Friday!

Thank God it's Friday! I'm so ready for the weekend! Does anybody have any cool plans for the weekend?

Normally I have this mental "To Do" list I keep in my brain of housework or yardwork that needs to get down over the weekend, but family fun time usually wins out and my "To Do" stuff gets pushed to either getting it done during the week or gets added to nexts weekends "To Do" list. Plus family time is so much better!

Last night I was helping my son do his homework. Now let me explain first, my son attends a Two Way Immersion school so right now in kindergarten he's being taught 90% in Spanish. My husband is the fluent Spanish speaker in our house so he usually is the one helping him. Now for me I'm third generation Mexican-American and my grandparents or the older generation speak Spanish in my family but me along with my cousins only speak English, so my Spanish is so-so. So as I was reading the homework directions to my son in Spanish he says, "Oh God Mom...you're not supposed to talk Chinese"! LOL! I just bursted out laughing! Kids say the darnest things!

Here's my kid being his goofy self...


Tonight my hubby and I are going to have an impromtu date night. We're just going to grab a drink and spend some time together...just be casual. I love date nights with my husband! We're going to venture down to The Crosby for Happy Hour. This is a pretty cool place. Later on I'll try post some pics!


Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Just got back from the La Brea Tar Pits and Peterson Car Miseum. Boring house stuff is on the agenda for the weekend. Hope you have a fun date night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been wanting to go to the La Brea tar pits! Did your kids like it?

    ReplyDelete