April 3, 2013

Happy Belated Easter...

So it's been awhile since I've been on here and I have to say I've missed it. I changed departments at work and well just got busy with life. Not to mention sickness plagued my house big time! My kids were sick, my mom got sick then I got sick...it was flu fest at the Ventura residency. But all is well now and I'm back!

How was every one's Easter? It seemed as if we celebrated Easter all weekend. Last Friday my son's class had a Spring Party along with an egg hunt. He came home and told me that they served pancakes in class with strawberries and syrup. He proceeds to tell me that one of the moms made the pancakes and they were "plain brown with no dark marks like yours Mom" Hmmm...so I guess he doesn't like my lightly burned pancakes. Sorry Son, I will try to make my pancakes "plain brown" next time.

Then on Friday night we colored Easter eggs. I've been seeing on Pinterest the egg coloring technique using Kool-Aid and sorry to say but the colors weren't as vibrant as the little egg coloring tablets you get in the store. Plus using the Kool-Aid you had to leave the eggs in the colored water longer and that just wasn't going over to well....let's just say little hands and bowls filled with colored water = a great big mess. Along with the Kool-Aid water we did use the coloring tablets as well and used glue, glitter, pink sand and pipe cleaners to add to the decor. Also I didn't boil the eggs as I normally do. This time I hollowed them out by blowing the yolk out one end then filling them up with confetti. Our eggs came out great! And on Easter day we smashed eggs on each others heads. It was fun!


On Saturday our city celebrated Bunny Days at the local community center. They had games and there was a chance to get your picture taken with the Easter Bunny, but that line was super long and I know my daughter was going to loose her sh** if she saw him. We did see two guys dressed up as Batman and Robin and even that freaked her out! She's not into seeing characters too much, except if it's a Disney princess. My son on the other hand happily posed with Batman and Boy Wonder.




She did like Cinderella!



Then on Sunday we went to church and after church my sister-in-law and her family came over to our house and we barbecued ribs and hot dogs for the kids. It was a pretty relaxed dinner. Then we had our own egg hunt with my two kids and my niece and nephew. Overall it was a pretty relaxed day. I'm glad we had a relaxed dinner. Sometimes I put so much pressure on myself for everything to be perfect and then find myself frustrated that nothing went my way. This time I just let things fall into place. It was a good day!




No comments:

Post a Comment