April 15, 2013

Manicure Monday! And Weekend Update...

Hello Monday!! I'm going to start a new series called Manicure Mondays. I've been obsessing with DIY home manicures and nail designs and have been pinning pics on Pinterest and watching how-to videos on YouTube. For me the easier the technique the better! So every other Monday or so, I'm going to try to share some DIY nail designs that I either did myself or cool and easy techniques that I find online.

Last night I painted my nails red using Sally Hansen's Extreme Wear Polish in Cherry Red. After my nails were dry I placed those round white reinforcement labels at the tip of my nails, so that the tip of my nail is halfway showing through the inner hole of the label. I then painted the tip that's showing in the inner hole of the tab a gold color using Sally Hansen's Extreme Wear in Golden-I. Voila! A cute but simple design....


See! The easier technique the better!

My husband and I had a great time on our impromptu Friday night date, but one thing we always tend to forget...it's no bueno to be a little hungover when you have kids! There is no rest for the weary! Other then that we had a great weekend...just wish it lasted longer :-).

If you live in the Orange County, CA area check out The Crosby located in downtown Santa Ana, near The Artist Village on Broadway in between 4th and 5th Street. It's a neat little hipster restaurant that has a cool vibe and the food is pretty delicious. I started out with the house sangria, but that didn't really do it for me so I went with the big guns and ordered  my usual a very dirty vodka martini with 3 olives. My husband laughs whenever I order my signature drink, but I just know what I want and how I like it! :-)

We got two appetizers, the Thai Chili Hot Wings and the Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms. The hot wings were crispy and they sat on top of a green chili mint sauce. The sauce for the hot wings was divine! It had heat but you can taste the mint inside.  I was so tempted to lick the bowl clean! So good! The mushrooms were good to. They were topped with shaved Parmesan cheese and drizzled with a thick balsamic vinegar. I highly recommend this place. If you want to go there for dinner try to make a reservation first because it is small and fills up pretty fast.
(NOTE: The brown stuff on the plate with the mushrooms is the balsamic vinegar. Just in case you were thinking "Eww! Whats that"!)

On our way home we drove through the Krispy Kreme Donuts drive-thru. Hey! When we go out, we go ALL OUT! Plus you gotta have dessert right! We had a real fun night. I think it's good for all couples to get out once in awhile with no kids.

On Saturday my son and I pretty much spent the first part of the day in our pjs and watched Ice Age 4 Continental Drift for like the 100th time and then I gave my daughter a pedicure.




On Sunday it got super cold and overcast, so I made homemade chicken soup with swirly noodles (that's how my son describes egg noodles) and then we rented The Life of Pi. Omg it was so good! I can't stop thinking about it. I cried...it was so good. If you haven't seen it you should! The movie was so beautifully made. Ang Lee definitely deserved the Oscar for this movie.


Hope you all had a great weekend like I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment