April 5, 2013

When you have lemons make a mimosa!

This morning my husband I were discussing what needs to be done around the house. Enthusiastically (along with jazz hands) I told him not to worry because I already have Saturday planned out for us. He gave me a "WTF" look as I began to tell him whats in store for Saturday.
"... we are going to wake up super early on Saturday to conquer the back yard so that we're not working while it's hot, then at noon I'm going to go visit my uncle while you stay with the kids, then later on we're going to do some spring cleaning in the house.."
As I'm typing this I realize how psychotic I sound and also how much I appreciate my husband. I mean he is married to moi. I just need to chill out and maybe add mimosa to the top of my To Do List for Saturday morning!

Speaking of mimosas, look how lovely this lemon, strawberry and basil mimosa looks. Yummm!





And speaking of lemons...We have an ugly large grey planter that sits on our front patio. This planter is huge and looks like it's from the 1980's. It was here when we moved into the house and it's super heavy. There used to be a dead sorry small looking tree in there that was great for Halloween but embaressing to have all year round. My husband and I decided that a lemon tree would look like nice in the planter as well as add some life on our front patio.

We weren't sure if we wanted to start growing a tree from seeds or just go to Home Depot and buy an already grown little lemon tree and replant it. After browsing the internet for some direction on how to grow a lemon tree from seeds we decided it seemed to hard  and complicated so we've decided over the weekend a Home Depot we will go.

I did see some pretty lemon tree inspirations on Pinterest. How cool would it be if you grew an indoor lemon tree! If you want lemonade (or a lemon mimosa in my case) just walk over to your little indoor lemon tree and grab a lemon. It's right there in your home! Here are a couple of pics of beautiful indoor and outdoor lemon trees I found...



I love this!




Tonight we are taking my step-son out to dinner and have a long over due visit. Frankie is now a man and it makes me sad. I'm just so proud of him that he's growing up and learning resposibilties. Or maybe I'm sad  because if he's getting older that means I'm getting older too! Either way I'm excited to see him tonight and can't wait to give him big hugs!!


No comments:

Post a Comment