May 28, 2013

My Weekend Through Instagram...



This weekend was pretty busy. Everyday this weekend we tried to do something fun with the kids. As much as I wanted to stay in my pj's all weekend I felt it would be selfish of me. Man I miss those days! On Saturday we went to Knott's Berry Farm. We have passes which is great because we don't feel like we have to stay the whole day. We usually go for about 3 hours and then we leave. 

Sunday was a real busy day, we started by going to church. At church there were several service men there in their uniforms. It was so cool and I couldn't help but feel emotional and patriotic. Cristian is really into being a soldier right now. I tried to get him to get his picture taken with one of the military men but he was shy and Frank told me not to embarrass him. I remember my mom embarrassing me all the time so I said "Fine". After church we went to go see the movie Epic. It was OK...not to give too much away, but there was one character in the movie that I felt was forced, because it didn't make sense. You'll have to see it to know what I'm talking about. After the movie we went to my friend's daughter's birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese in Orange. On our way home we always see this guy playing his drums right there out on Santiago Canyon Road. If you're not familiar with Santiago Canyon Road, it's a two lane highway through the canyon. I always wondered why he plays out there. Maybe his mom, girlfriend or wife won't let him play at home so he probably feels like he can play as loud as he wants out there...interesting. Anyways this time a photographer was there snapping pics of him drumming away. 

Then on Monday we went to Zoomars in San Juan Capistrano. I had a Groupon that I had forgotten about and thought this would be a perfect time to use it. The Groupon was $20 for four people and I got two tickets for the train ride and two tickets to mine for rocks and fossils. The Groupon was definitely worth it. It's a fun little place to pet the animals, but I wouldn't have paid anymore then what I paid for the Groupon.  

Throughout all the activities Frank and managed to rent and watch Django Unchained and The Intouchables. Both movies were really good! I'm a nervous movie watcher so there were parts of Django where I had to leave the room , but overall it was a good movie. The Intouchables was a nice feel good movie. It was very touching and highly recommend it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment