May 7, 2013

Date Night - Santa Ana Artwalk...

Frank and I had such a fun date night at the Artwalk in Downtown Santa Ana on Saturday night! We sipped cheap wine and looked at some amazing art! The Santa Ana Artwalk is held the first Saturday of every month.  Most of the art studios and lofts within the Artist Village and surrounding are open to the public for free. Also in the Artist Village Courtyard there are booth/tents where artist can sell their jewelry, pottery pieces and prints as well as a DJ spinning and solo artist singing. Click here for a map of artwalk

This was our first artwalk and we definitely will be going back again!


Here are a few of my favorite paintings that were on display...
 

Elephant in the Room

The Collectors

Church on Route 66

The paintings in this t-shirt store were painted by young Hispanic artists. When you walk through the store to the back room it was a cool art gallery where there was a DJ spinning Spanish rap music and selling Tecate Beer for $2. The paintings were super cool and I felt like part of an underground following.
I loved it!


On the lower floor of the Santora Building, located in the village, there were these really small art galleries and studios. I thought the Art Bar was really cool (I realized I'm saying super cool alot but I can't help it!). It's a hands on mixed media art studio opened to everyone. The Art Bar was created by Nicole Steiman. She is a self taught artist who was previously was a corporate trainer. If you plan on visiting the Art Bar make sure to sign up for their open sessions so they know your coming.



When Frank and I walked out into the street we still had our little white Styrofoam cups filled with wine. As we walked down the street  saw the intimidating police men on their horses and thought we should hang back and finish our wine. So we hung out in the shadows of  a store front drinking our "illegal" open cups of wine, because now we were rebels! After hanging out with cholos, hispsters, and artists we felt like we were bad to the bone! I felt like I wanted to start a band, shave the side of my head and show off my tramp stamp tattoo, as I drank wine from my little Styrofoam cup. Here...I took pics of us feeling that way...


Then midnight rolled around and we turned into pumpkins. We thought when we got home we could start the after party but we were greeted with wide awake kids yelling "Mommy, Daddy!" and my mom looking relieved we were home.  

It was super cool (karate chop kick) night! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment