February 26, 2012

Weekend Fun...

On Friday night my husband and I tried out a new local restaurant. Ok let me lay this out, we live in South Orange County in California. It's a great place to raise a family with good schools and relatively safe neighborhoods, but everything is in strip malls and not many hip places to venture out to. Then again we're parents of two little kids so we don't go out much anyways.

So on Friday night we headed out to try Bru Grill and Market. We were excited to try it because we've been hearing some good things about this place. It recently opened it's doors at the end of 2011 and it looked pretty interesting from the outside. The executive chef was the former executive chef at The Pelican Grill located in the exclusive Pelican Hill Resort in Newport Coast. I was fortunate enough to eat at The Pelican Grill several times for work lunches and the truffle mac and cheese is to die for! So I was super eager to try Bru.

With the name Bru of course we knew it served craft beers. I'm not much of a beer drinker, but my husband and I did a beer tasting for $10. We got to choose six different types of beers and they came in these little beer shot glasses. I don't remember all of them but I did like the Hefeweizen the best. With our beer tasting we ordered two appitizers. We tried the garlic fries and the twice baked potato fondue. OMG it was delicious!! It's a baked potato slightly hollowed out then filled with cheese fondue then toped with grilled melted cheese and bacon bits....heaven!

Twice Baked Fondue at Bru Grill and Market
 After we devoured this little puppy and finished our beer tasting, my husband ordered a large Hefeweizen and I ordered a Lambic peach beer. I asked the waitress if they had any desserts and she said "Yes"! with a big smile and I told her to bring me out whatever she recommends. All of a sudden out came these heavenly donut holes with three different dipping sauces - chocolate, creme anglase and grape jelly. The ladies sitting near us watched the waiter bring our desssert with their mouths opened hitting the bar table. They were so intrigued that they asked if they could take a picture. I said "Go for it! But don't ask for a bite'! I was playing of course but yet totally serious.  


Powder, Cinnamon and Chocolate donut holes with chocolate, creme anglase and grape jelly dipping sauces

Then on Saturday morning my son had his first t-ball game. I'm not sure who was more excited me or him! It was so cute seeing all the boys dressed in their baseball gear. They looked adorable! Not to mention we had alot of laughs watching them run to the wrong bases and falling over each other trying to catch the ball. It was a fun day!



Way to go team Angels!!

I love my little guy!


Had to include a pic of  Miss Thing applying her lip gloss representing her brothers team!

No comments:

Post a Comment