January 4, 2013

Birthday Dinner, Wine and Les Miserables...

My 39th birthday was on Dec 28 and for my birthday my husband took me out to dinner at my favorite Italian restaurants and then so lovingly accompanied me to the movies to see Les Miserables. I say "lovingly accompanied" because this is definitely not a guy's movie. But he was a good sport and I'm grateful the night out we shared.

If you ever visit The Irvine Spectrum, make sure to check out Cucina Enoteca. I love the food and the ambiance. My first visit there I was introduced to a Barbera red wine, which is now my favorite red wine!  Ed Manetta, the wine director over at Cucina Enoteca is awesome! He and his wife used to have a wine shop in Ladera Ranch for seven years. He explained to me that a barbera is a type of grape that is generally grown in Italy and are a little more tart and acidic. The California barbera is more lighter and frutier, which is what they serve. Make sure you check them out!





On to Les Mis...

I loved it! I have to say it was a little long and my poor husband kept looking around the theater, giving big sighs and at times I saw him rubbing his face with both hands. I did tell him a couple of times to sit back and relax and he tried, but he said he looked over at the girl on his right and she was crying then he looked over at me on his left and I was crying. I did give him big hugs for going with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment